| Post ID | Date & Time | Game Date | Function |
|---|---|---|---|
| #74576 | 06/16/2020 2:38:40 pm | Jan 18th, 2046 | |
|
amalric7 Joined: 01/20/2016 Posts: 2276 New York Lancers IV.2
| Surprising for me I have a few quandaries. I also have 5 FA/waiver claims and 4 draftees, thought I'd have more of the latter. C: Zuniga. Yes, my starting catcher played all of two seasons for me, and was a 6 Range CF the season before I started the game (I can't really knock it, I gave him 107 games between LF and RF before I figured out Range was the most important factor for the OF). But there were times he carried my offence when everyone else struggled, and I wish I'd had him longer. The competition? Hampton is my record waiver win (137 claims) but never justified the hype and couldn't man 3B on my team (see below), although he has the best CS% of the candidates. O'Conner should perhaps be the starter, but got cut for his extreme GIDP tendencies. None of my three current catchers (Thomas, Quintana, Donahue) have done anything to merit the award, they alone or together didn't carry me to titles. Waters looked the part but I actually gave him "Disappointing" as a nickname for a time. Porkins and CaNo could fight it out between them if not for the fact they were guys I gave up on too early. Every day is a schoolday. 1B: Soto. An easy call, mainstay of the team since Ortiz (below) hung up his cleats. 2B: Dorsey. Current starter Greer misses out by a whisker. Offensively they're opposites but as different as they look defensively - and Greer has the profile you'd want - Dorsey actually has the better fielding numbers over almost exactly the same number of games at the position. And I'll take the latter's 184 team home runs and great bat (he hit 4th or 5th in the lineup) every time. 3B: Ortiz. Best player in team history. SS: Gann. Another easy call. Fuentes was my first SS and a heckuva player, but it beggars belief that it had to be me that gave him his major-league debut at age 31, thanks to previous ownership. What could have been. LF: Burkhart. A 1-win waiver claim! Parisi is the reserve here, great guy to have as a rookie GM. CF. Di Carlo. The force left us when the Je-Di hung up his cleats, haven't been the same team since. Just a clutch player: when you have your career season at age 33 in Legends, you're doing something right. RF: Huerta. Another current player. He's fallen these last two seasons and actually played more in LF than RF (his early career overlapped Burkhart's late career), but another fairly easy call, second to Ortiz in career homers. Sanchez has actually been my starting RF against RHP during my glory years (career .299 hitter vs. righties) but for this he's second. DH: Tan. Again an easy call. I can still remember the morning I found I'd won him - just 35 claims purely on salary, but he was worth every cent. He played so much DH for me because I was playing developing guys at 1B and wanted to give them the fielding ops. Lineup:- CF Di Carlo 1B Soto DH Tan 3B Ortiz 2B Dorsey RF Huerta LF Burkhart C Zuniga SS Gann That looks very nice. I have Tan at 3 and Ortiz at clean-up because that's the way it worked best in actual gameplay, when I reversed it neither played as well. One oddity from the early BB years is Villa, whose career stolen base numbers for us will never be beaten. He's 13th on the All-time records with 1211, but he's listed as playing for Great Falls because he spent just the last of his thirteen seasons there. Updated Tuesday, June 16 2020 @ 3:01:48 pm PDT |
||
| #74580 | 06/16/2020 3:34:40 pm | Jan 19th, 2046 | |
|
JJNZ Joined: 12/09/2014 Posts: 1616 Yakima Monster III.3
| @Seca - your long stint in legends and my inability to stick there makes that highly likely! Thankfully not Johnathon bad but not light years away unfortunately..... | ||
| #74682 | 06/18/2020 9:18:21 pm | Feb 19th, 2046 | |
|
Brewnoe Joined: 03/25/2014 Posts: 841 Fall River Naughty Dawgs II.2
| I was gonna skip the 45th anniversary team and wait for 50. I'll take this time to highlight a couple legendary castoffs in between. C - Alfonzo "Doesn't" Mata Crucial bridge between the all-time catchers. Never under-estimate the importance of the 3rd catcher. 1B/LF/DH - Calvin "and Hobbes, Griffon" Dolf He's no "Boom Boom" Canepa ... but who else gets their first gold glove at 34? ... and could Steve "The Flyin Hawaiian" Iwakuma just pick a spot? LF in a Fenway shaped park just leads to these dimlemmas? Looking ahead to that 2051 team ... C - Ángel "of the Dangle" CF - Blaine "DeBeers" iZombie ... do you? RP - Will always be "Moose" Baker ... but where does that leave "On the land line" Trejo ? |
||
| #74683 | 06/19/2020 12:29:11 am | Feb 19th, 2046 | |
|
MukilteoMike Joined: 08/09/2014 Posts: 3294 Inactive
| The hardest position by far for me is catcher, mostly because no one has been great and the good ones never had lengthy careers. I feel it's only fair to make CS% the decision maker, in part due to the fact that I don't consider defense really for anything else. Also, I have three guys that were already on my team when I started playing. I've chosen them because they are clearly above any other option as they are amongst the team leaders in multiple categories. C--Charlie McKenzie--740 OPS, 44.8 CS%--Drafted 1B--Samuel Daniels--Still active with another team, 284 BA, 846 OPS--Waivers (8 claims) 2B--Felix Caballero--291 BA, 861 OPS, 341 HR, 1 Gold Glove--Inherited SS--Fernando Versalles--299 BA, 841 OPS--Waivers (unkn) 3B--Joaquin Chapa--854 OPS, 254 HR, 1 Gold Glove, 1 MVP--Drafted OF--Carl May--301 BA, 385 OBP, 882 OPS, 272 HR, 2501 Hits--Inherited OF--Prince Moody--290 BA, 918 OPS, 426 HR, 2 Gold Gloves--Inherited. Easily the franchise's best player before I took over. OF--Juan Pablo Perez--572 SLG, 920 OPS, 349 HR in just 12 seasons, 1 MVP--Drafted. Easily my favorite player. Slugged an insane 614 in our first year in Legends, which would rank 6th all-time if he had another 9 at-bats to meet the 475 requirement. Updated Friday, June 19 2020 @ 1:10:37 am PDT |
||
| #74702 | 06/19/2020 11:19:15 am | Feb 19th, 2046 | |
|
Bridger Joined: 08/04/2016 Posts: 267 Muncie Fruit Jars III.3
| What a fun idea. Have been managing this franchise since 2028 and will pick from players whose entire big league career falls in my tenure: Position Players: DH Larry Sterling C Ricardo Roque 1B Alfonso Moreno 2B Devon Strickland 3B Benito Martinez SS Bernie Sullinger LF John Carlisle CF Sergio Romero RF Angel Sanchez Updated Wednesday, June 24 2020 @ 6:40:29 am PDT |
||
| #74703 | 06/19/2020 12:15:55 pm | Feb 19th, 2046 | |
|
Coolhand Joined: 03/27/2017 Posts: 73 Inactive
| C Colby "Jack" Su In his prime now, already the best C I have put on the field 1B "Sweet" Willie Landis my first significant waiver addition, the engine of the offense during his tenure 2B Ray Seymour Solid bat, solid glove, nothing special, but 12 mostly solid seasons 3B Dalton Wright high OBP with a lot of speed SS Johnny "B. Good" Hutton Best player to don the Manta Rays jersey OF Alejandro Martin great hitter, lead off hitter for many seasons OF Carmelo Salinas great OBP with good range OF Greg Parry just entering his prime, this pick is more hopeful than based on current statistics |
||
| #74803 | 06/21/2020 8:01:18 pm | Mar 6th, 2046 | |
|
allen54chevy Joined: 11/22/2015 Posts: 475 Inactive
| 3B Jo is 5 HR shy of the 300HR/300steals club. He'll get that this year, though he may see the bench for the first time in his career as he makes room for the next generation. Probably our best player. 2B Bret. Back when the team was in Brookings and Wichita he was the heart of my lineup. DH Kenny 1B Waller Kenny and Waller are a BIG reason that 54Chevy is in Legends at the moment LF DeLeon was the beginning of the first base glut so moved to LF Pak gets Honorable Mention RF Richie Rich C Dom 40% CS, OPS .768 CF B-Mac stolen base leader for the franchise, and most B-loved CF. SS Bo Alcantar left the Milk Machine while still on a rookie contract and now has 2 Legends Gold Gloves with the Chevys 5 of these guys are currently on the team. 1B, SS, 3B, LF, DH. No wonder this team has been clicking the last couple seasons. Updated Monday, June 22 2020 @ 5:50:06 am PDT |
||
| #89025 | 08/06/2022 3:52:57 pm | Mar 17th, 2056 | |
|
wuggla Joined: 05/10/2013 Posts: 1083 Colorado Springs Vultures III.4
| Bring back old school updated!!! DHhttp://brokenbat.org/player/114250 Chttp://brokenbat.org/player/144730 1Bhttp://brokenbat.org/player/107489 2Bhttp://brokenbat.org/player/227318 3Bhttp://brokenbat.org/player/139595 SShttp://brokenbat.org/player/181065 OFhttp://brokenbat.org/player/154174 OFhttp://brokenbat.org/player/129893 OFhttp://brokenbat.org/player/194864 SPhttp://brokenbat.org/player/171544 MRhttp://brokenbat.org/player/175995 Sethttp://brokenbat.org/player/141348 Closerhttp://brokenbat.org/player/108654 And that's my updated! |
||
| #94814 | 08/31/2024 7:12:18 pm | Jan 13th, 2066 | |
|
Fireballer34 Joined: 05/31/2023 Posts: 125 Inactive
| Would love to see these updated, I will definitely be checking this once I have managed lomg enough. | ||
| #96579 | 10/09/2026 4:57:30 am | Nov 2nd, 2075 | |
|
amalric7 Joined: 01/20/2016 Posts: 2276 New York Lancers IV.2
| More thread necromancy! Looking back at this six years on:- C: Bourne. Okay, this is a bit of a cheat, given he played his last eight seasons (bar one game) exclusively at DH. But he did play C for 331 games and holds a 26.1 CS%. I stopped playing him at C to avoid the incessant injuries at the position, getting my best bat and best player in the lineup as much as I could. 1B: Soto. Holdover #1. One of three 20-Hit guys I've had (Crespo, Meyer) but definitely the best, and did his best work at the very top in Legends. 2B: Jones. Current player. Alonso (14th in franchise career games played) and the chronically-underused until halfway through his age-31 season Jelly deserve a mention. 3B: Ortiz. Holdover #2. A career .359 RISP is insane. Reece might earn a place at C or 3B or as a backup by the time he's done. SS: Gann. Holdover #3. We've had some great fielding shortstops (Lezcano, Barron) but for all-round game there's no touching Prime Time. LF: Leon. Edges Burkhart on offensive numbers, though the latter played a better LF. CF: Di Carlo. Holdover #4. This one isn't even remotely close. RF: Huerta. Holdover #5. A narrow call over Morrison. Huerta gets the edge because most of his damage came in Legends. This one still hurts - at age 31 his average/OBP dropped to .232/.282 for consecutive seasons and even though his power was still there I cut him. He hit .271 with 72 HR in the three seasons that followed. Ouch. DH: Tan. Holdover #6. Impossible to look at everything there and not drool. Best waiver claim. Never did pitching but if we had mine would essentially be the same - had one or two guys (tops) become reliable starters, and a bunch of bullpen arms, but basically I've spent six years (25 BB seasons!!) looking for guys to replace franchise icons Rock and Mejia, and haven't come close. Updated Friday, October 9 2026 @ 4:59:58 am PDT |
||